Research Assistance Requests
The OGS voluteer Research Committee will do research on request for a small fee payable to OGS. We have several members on our research team who will do research related to Oregon, especially in Lane, Linn, Douglas and Benton counties.
We are able to research our Oregon Collection, the Oregon newspaper collection in the Knight Library at the University of Oregon, and the State Archives in Salem.
We charge $15.00 per hour plus any costs for parking, photocopies, or certificates. There is a minimum of $15.00 per request. If travel is involved we may charge for gas for our volunteers.
Please include the following information in your request:
- A specific request or question you want answered. (i.e. Record lookup: obituary, death record, marriage record; city directory, county history, or surname vertical file lookup; cemetery records lookup, etc.).
- Names of all persons involved, first, middle and last if possible.
- Dates and places of birth, marriage and death if known.
- Place they may have lived that you want us to research and years they lived there.
- Any other details you may know about the persons of interest.
- YOUR name, address, phone number, and email address so we may contact you.
Submit your request for research by email or mail your request to OGS Research Committee, 955 Oak Alley, Eugene, OR 97401.